Explore the World on Cruise Ships Large & Small !
Every year, more and more people are discovering the pleasures of a cruise vacation. I invite you to discover the world of cruising - the destinations around the world, the ships large and small, the activities and the people.
It's a fact that cruises have among the highest percentage of satisfied customers of any type of vacation. When you add up the benefits, it's easy to see why:
- the price of a cruise includes your accommodation, most meals and snacks, activities day and night, and transportation to some of the most sought-after destinations on earth.
- large ships are floating resorts, offering all the things that a fine resort on land does - and more. Smaller ships often offer unique destinations, with a "community"
feeling among passengers.
- a cruise is one convenient package - you unpack once, you don't have to make dinner or club reservations, and you don't have airport connections to reach the next destination.
- you can lie back and be pampered, or you can go non-stop - it's your choice.
The Caribbean is the top choice as a cruising destination, particularly for first-time cruisers, but the variety of itineraries and ships available has
increased dramatically in recent years. Imagine:
- exploring the Galapagos Islands on Celebrity's 100-passenger Xpedition;
- cruising the rivers of Europe on AMA Waterways' luxurious new Amadolce;
- 25 nights from Rome to Cape Town down the west coast of Africa on the Ocean Princess;
- sailing though the fjords of Norway on Cunard's Queen Mary 2;
- standing on the deck of Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas watching hotel-sized chunks of ice fall into the sea from Alaska's Hubbard Glacier;
- discovering the wonders of China, Vietnam, Cambodia and other Asian ports on Holland America's Veendam;
- seeing Antarctica from your balcony on Celebrity's 2,046-passenger Infinity;
If river cruises interest you, see our pair of detailed articles about the subject - Find the Right River Cruise: River Cruise Comparisons.
The world awaits - let's raise the gangplank and get going!